Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wedding Planning & Decorating


In the fall of 2010, I received the best gift and most wonderful surprise of my life; 
my then-boyfriend proposed to me! 

As a senior in college looking forward to my very last semester, 
I was more than excited to add planning my wedding to my schedule. 
My fiance and I were on a very tight budget so most of the details of our day were done by myself with whatever materials I could get my hands on. 

Unfortunately, on our most special day, we were blessed with "good luck" and a rainy day which took away our outdoor, picnic style reception. Our day was far from ruined as we just went with the flow and moved everything to the basement of our church. It made for a shorter and cozier reception that, while wasn't quite what I envisioned, created perfect and precious memories. 

I created & mailed out all of the invitations, created all of the programs, made all of the decorations, put together all the flower arrangements for the reception, made hair pieces & jewelry for the bridal party, made the ring bearer pillow, created & set up ceremony sanctuary decorations and created & designed the set up for the reception. 


Our Invitation: back lined with patterned green & orange paper.






The photo bottle was made by my Mother in Law, Lisa Huff.



Example of hairpieces; clips & headbands made of orange & green buttons. 

Example of jewelry; 2 bracelets and 1 matching necklace (with orange & green center stones).










No comments:

Post a Comment